Valley View Elementary Homework Policy
This year we have made the decision not to have nightly homework. We do however strongly recommend having your child read every night! Research shows children who read experience greater success in school. Below are some key points to this new policy:
· Homework is different than assignments. Assignments are work that is assigned in class.
· If your child is not managing the time given in class to complete assignments, that work will then need to be taken home and finished.
· Each teacher may have ways of incentivizing/promoting reading in their classroom. Please refer to their class disclosure/policy.
· If your child is struggling academically, teachers may suggest/provide ways for them to get additional practice at home.
· If you want your child to do more at home, teachers will provide access information to digital tools such as Go Math, ST Math, ALEKS Math, Lexia, McGraw Hill, etc.
· Classes may have projects throughout the year that require reading outside of class such as book reports, research, ancestor reports, etc. These projects may require parental support. Teachers will inform parents of these.